VetCell's Stem Cell Therapy Key Facts
Did you know...?
- VetCell’s stem cell therapy is based on over ten years of research carried out at the Royal Veterinary College.
- The latest published research shows that VetCell’s stem cell therapy halves the chance of reinjury when compared with conventional treatments.
- VetCell’s technique is patented so no other company can claim to offer the same therapy.
- VetCell’s lab is fully authorised by the VMD as an ‘Equine Stem Cell Centre’ and is the only UK lab with this status.
- All stem cells leaving VetCell’s lab are checked for sterility, viability and quantity to maintain high standards.
- VetCell’s first aspiration took place on 13th August 2002, so 2012 will mark our ten year anniversary.
- VetCell have treated stars of racing, eventing, dressage, polo, trotting, endurance, showing, hunting, barrel racing, cutting and plenty of allrounders and pony club ponies too.
- Stem cells derived from bone marrow (like VetCell’s technique) have been shown to be effective at healing tendons, those derived from adipose tissue have not.
- National Hunt racehorses treated using VetCell’s StemRegen have a return to performance rate of over 80% compared with approximately 40% for conventional treatments.
- VetCell offer training, either individually with one of our veterinary advisors assisting with a vet's first case, or group CPD training at the RVC.
- The VetCell Plus Promise money-back guarantee scheme shows that we have full confidence in our technique and gives vets and owners peace of mind.