Benefits of VetCell's StemRegen Treatment
- VetCell's StemRegen is currently proven to be the best treatment for overstrain injuries of the SDFT (click here to read an abstract of the research paper)
- StemRegen-treated horses have a very low 27% re-injury rate on the treated tendon compared with 57% for conventional treatments
- National Hunt racehorses treated using StemRegen have a return to performance rate of over 80% compared with approximately 40% for conventional treatments
- StemRegen leads to good quality healing of the tendon with crimped organised collagen fibres and a minimal number of inflammatory cells
- StemRegen produces autologous mesenchymal stem cells derived from bone marrow & suspended in bone marrow supernatant which contains a cocktail of anabolic growth factors optimised for tendon regeneration
- The mesenchymal stem cells are retained in enclosed lesions for up to 4 months post implantation
- StemRegen leads to a normalisation of mechanical, morphological and compositional parameters towards that of uninjured tendons
- The VetCell Plus Promise offers repayment of stem cell culture cost if re-injury occurs to the treated tendon (conditions apply)
- VetCell currently has the UK's only authorised equine stem cell laboratory supplying the UK and Europe (authorised by DEFRA's Veterinary Medicines Directorate).
For full details of the research that has been carried out in relation to StemRegen, stem cells and equine tendon injuries please click here.
Benefits of VetCell's E-PET System
- E-PET is a sterile filtration system for preparing platelet concentrate from whole blood
- It is a non-surgical and non-pharmaceutical patient side system
- Blood taken from the patient is ready for re-injection within 30 minutes
- E-PET gives a seven fold concentration of platelets with minimal activation but maximal anabolic growth factor availability
- It acts as a wound healing fluid
- It is useful for the treatment of ligament and other soft tissue injuries
- E-PET is also currently under testing for use in osteoarthritis and joint disease
- Supplied by Pall Corporation, USA and distributed by VetCell worldwide
For full details of the research that has been carried out in relation to E-PET and PRP (E-PET was formerly known as PRP) please click here.